Thursday, March 10, 2011

....36 things that every single girl must dooooo ;)

My last relationship failed because he didn't have goals or aspirations that he was going for. I also felt that if I settled down at that ,I would be regretting almost everything about my ill experience. I had not been single for almost 6 years...I needed to learn how to be the best version of myself before I could be apart of something else. I think I have learned to be that person I want to be finally :)

To Build Your Confidence…

1. Go to a movie alone.

2. Lift weights. When I bench-press 45 lbs., I feel like the bomb.

3. Try surfing, water-skiing, or some activity you don’t already know how to do. Could be riding a bicycle.

4. Take out the trash, set a mousetrap, do your taxes, build a bookcase.

5. Live alone, or at least move apartments without the help of family.

6. Train for (and finish) a huge physical test like a half-marathon.

7. Go to a scary doctor’s appointment by yourself. I once dragged myself to a CAT Scan in the dead of winter, all the way over on 1st Ave., post-break-up. I felt like I had balls of steel.

8. Quit your job(if you don't fully love it). It feels so good to take a job and shove it (and not be affecting anyone else’s livelihood).

9. Fly to a foreign country(if not in your budget, fly to another state) by yourself.

10. Learn to stand up for yourself. (If you’re not naturally assertive, may I recommend moving to New York City? It totally helps.)


~~~~~To Be Able to Look Back and Say “I Had Fun”…

11.Go on a blind date, enlist your friends to set you up on something fun

12. Revel in being able to watch all the reality TV you want. I’m pretty sure no man will be able to stand it.

13. Get drunk during the day, just because you can. Attend some sort of convention.

14. Go on a date with someone who actually makes you nervous.

15. Go out with an older man who takes you somewhere nice and makes you feel like a million bucks.

16. Go out with a guy who makes you laugh ‘til it hurts.

~~~~~To Get Perspective…

17. Be a good wingwoman. It’s not always about you.

18. Chill with your grandma...they are smart, experienced and you will gain perspective She knows “alone”!

19. Volunteer. Be apart of something bigger than yourself. Do something good for someone else.

~~~~~~To Make You Appreciate the Next Guy…

20. Do at least one Valentine’s Day alone.

21. Attend a wedding (or 15) alone.

22. Date the creeps(ok not literally, just date the ones that you wouldn't have in the beginning. BONUS who knows who you will meet). You’ll really value the nice guys afterward.

~~~To Make You Feel Sexy and Attractive…

23. Buy yourself some flowers.

24. Invest in a LBD (little black dress) and some sexy stilettos and lingerie, wearing sexy clothes for yourself is always a little fun.

25. Sit at a bar by yourself and drink a martini. Cool.

26. Buy something frivolous and expensive that you LOVE wearing.

~~~~~To Make the Most of Your Free Time…

27. Finish all your schooling if you can. Not that it was ever my goal to go to grad school, but I might, and I don't plan on letting a man get in the way of my dreams.

28. Throw yourself into something time-consuming, like learning a foreign language(you will never know what kind of a man you will meet...). You may not have time to do this again until you retire and the kids are off to college.

~~~~To Make Yourself a Better Partner in the Future…

29. Make a list of all your faults.

30. Learn to cook well. I’m still working on this.

31. Get some hobbies. Something’s gotta keep you occupied—plus it’ll make you seem interesting.

32. Let your married friends edit your online dating profile(if that is the route you chose to check out).

33. Get your finances in order.

~~~~To Appreciate Being Single…

34. Babysit someone’s baby for an hour.

35. Help a friend through her divorce or a bad break-up.

36. Host a girls-only night. I think some coupled-up women forget how much we need each other.

What have I forgotten? What do you make sure to do while you’re still single?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love knowing what ya'll are thinking! Thanks for the Feedback! Happy reading!