Well trying to find a purpose in this blog, I had to find things that I am passionate about to which would fuel the ability to keep this blog going. To here is to new directions: Natural, skin care, remedies, aka anything that has to do with my sought after career of aesthetics.
Since we are coming into colder months I know that there are lots of issues that comes with it. Dry skin is one of the biggest. I am not really into LOTS of moisturizers that are from stores because unfortunately when you use these you can actually be causing more irritation in your skin, the best way to approach dry skin is to attain natural means that are not pore clogging.
Winter Skin Care Tips modified from(http://www.buzzle.com/articles/winter-skin-problems.html)
* Drink lots of water, fruit or vegetable juices or any other fluid to keep your skin naturally hydrated from within.
* The most important winter skin care tip would be to moisturize your skin at equal intervals throughout the day and before you go to bed. Moisturize using a oil based moisturizer or petroleum jelly to keep dry and cracked skin at bay.
* Install a humidifier at home to keep the air around you moisturized. This will help prevent winter dry skin problems.
* Protect your feet and hands from drying out by putting on woolen socks and gloves, at home and even when you venture out of home. If you are prone to irritation by woolen wear, slip on cotton gloves and socks before you put on the woolen ones.
* Do not indulge in long, hot showers which will dry your skin out further. Apply some oil to your skin prior or post bathing.
* Consume flaxseed oil or cod liver oil supplements to moisturize your skin from within.
* Use a gentle scrub or exfoliate, twice a week to get rid of all the dead skin.
* Use a sunscreen before venturing out into the winter sun, as even the winter sun can cause quite a lot of damage to the skin.
* Do not lick or bite chapped and dry lips. Always use a lip balm or apply some petroleum jelly to keep them moisturized and hydrated. Read more on dry skin care.
Winter Skin Care Remedies
* Apply some glycerin mixed with milk cream to your lips to cure and prevent chapped lips.
* Massage your hands and legs with olive oil prior to bathing. Let it stay for around 10 minutes and then wash off with a gentle soap or body wash.
* Apply a thin layer of glycerin or aloe vera gel to the face and lips, let it stay for 5 minutes and then wash off. This will keep your facial skin moisturized and hydrated. Read more on dry skin remedies for face.
* Prepare a face mask by making a paste of one ripe papaya, peach and avocado. Apply this to the face and let it stay for 5 minutes before washing it off.
* Add lavender essential oil to your bath water to prevent dry skin.
* Prepare a gentle exfoliate for your skin by mixing crystallized sugar with oatmeal. Read more on keeping skin soft in winter.
You can easily prevent winter skin problems by following the tips and remedies mentioned above. Moisturize, drinks lots of water and eat healthy to keep your skin glowing and beautiful all throughout winter.
Happy Skin equals a Happy person